Now Hiring: Director of Real Estate Pre-Development
- Throughout the due diligence/entitlement process, protect and maintain the best interests of the development project in terms of project schedule, flexibility, cost, marketability, and overall project value.
- Perform preliminary real estate due diligence efforts including site assessments and budgeting for on and offsite development, local utilities, development impact fees, building permit costs, traffic impact issues, etc.
- Prepare RFPs and negotiate contracts for ALTA/topographic surveys, geotechnical engineering services, Phase I ESAs, and waters of the US determinations.
- Prepare RFPs and negotiate contracts for civil engineering services.
- Assist with architectural, MEP engineering and structural engineering contracts as required.
- Review consultant invoices for payment.
- Manage the progress to completion for consultant agreements and scopes of work.
- Manage the real estate entitlement including the coordination of pre-submittal meetings with consultants to ensure constructability and overall design intent are met.
- Oversee the design, permitting and approval process for all site development.
- Attend coordination meetings with consultants, city planners, public works, building departments, and utility companies to ensure interests of development are being met.
- Review construction plans prior to bidding to ensure plans are complete and all the necessary details and specifications are incorporated.
- Create and manage pre-development and development schedules and budget.
- Provide weekly project status updates to upper management regarding all plan submittals and approval dates as well as development start and completion dates.
- Responsible for understanding costs associated with development including property encumbrances, physical construction costs, site development costs, pre-development costs and estimates.
- Assist development team with project pursuits as required.
- Big picture and strategic thinking skills with real estate and construction
- High degree of professionalism
- Transparency, reporting and sharing of information effectively with the development and construction teams
- Exceptional leadership, management, communication and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Results oriented and solution focused
- High degree of accountability and ownership
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet changing deadlines
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills. Customers may include government agencies, utilities, consultants and property owners.
- Ability to thrive in a faced-paced environment
- Conduct effective and efficient informational meetings
Please send cover letter and resume to Kristy Meyers at firstname.lastname@example.org