Now Hiring: Controller and Director of Pre-Development
Browning - 6100 W. 96th Street, Suite 150, Indianapolis, IN 46278
Director of Pre-Development
- Throughout the due diligence/entitlement process, protect and maintain the best interests of the development project in terms of project schedule, flexibility, cost, marketability, and overall project value.
- Perform preliminary real estate due diligence efforts including site assessments and budgeting for on and offsite development, local utilities, development impact fees, building permit costs, traffic impact issues, etc.
- Prepare RFPs and negotiate contracts for ALTA/topographic surveys, geotechnical engineering services, Phase I ESAs, and waters of the US determinations.
- Prepare RFPs and negotiate contracts for civil engineering services.
- Assist with architectural, MEP engineering and structural engineering contracts as required.
- Review consultant invoices for payment.
- Manage the progress to completion for consultant agreements and scopes of work.
- Manage the real estate entitlement including the coordination of pre-submittal meetings with consultants to ensure constructability and overall design intent are met.
- Oversee the design, permitting and approval process for all site development.
- Attend coordination meetings with consultants, city planners, public works, building departments, and utility companies to ensure interests of development are being met.
- Review construction plans prior to bidding to ensure plans are complete and all the necessary details and specifications are incorporated.
- Create and manage pre-development and development schedules and budget.
- Provide weekly project status updates to upper management regarding all plan submittals and approval dates as well as development start and completion dates.
- Responsible for understanding costs associated with development including property encumbrances, physical construction costs, site development costs, pre-development costs and estimates.
- Assist development team with project pursuits as required.
- Big picture and strategic thinking skills with real estate and construction
- High degree of professionalism
- Transparency, reporting and sharing of information effectively with the development and construction teams
- Exceptional leadership, management, communication and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Results oriented and solution focused
- High degree of accountability and ownership
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet changing deadlines
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills. Customers may include government agencies, utilities, consultants and property owners.
- Ability to thrive in a faced-paced environment
- Conduct effective and efficient informational meetings
Please send cover letter and resume to Kristy Meyers at email@example.com with subject line: Director of Pre-Developer
- Financial reporting and analysis for a variety of real estate entities, with the primary focus on Browning’s construction division.
- Preparation of annual operating budgets, as well as rolling forecasts for several entities.
- Coordination of annual audit and tax return preparation with outside CPA firm.
- Manage the monthly construction draw processing/invoicing, through coordination with construction accountant and construction project managers.
- Update monthly cash flow projections and develop cash strategies.
- Maintain relationships with banking professionals for treasury management services, loan processing and draw funding.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations, monthly journal entries and weekly payables approval.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 2-5 years of experience
- CPA preferred
- Public accounting and/or construction experience a plus
- High level of professional interpersonal skills to work effectively at all levels of the company
- Detail oriented with sharp analytical skills
- Self-motivated with ability to multi-task and prioritize
Please send cover letter and resume to Paige Gaddis at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Controller Resume