Browning is the development services manager for the Fort Harrison Reuse Authority (FHRA). In that role Browning assists and advises the FHRA on the appropriate steps to implement the 150-acre master plan for a mixed use, urban style redevelopment known as Lawrence Village at the Fort.
Hiring Browning has allowed the FHRA to maintain a small staff while having access to the resources of a commercial development, construction and property management company.
During our engagement Browning:
- Worked with master plan architects to prepare the Planned Unit Development (PUD);
- Guided the FHRA through approval process with the City of Indianapolis and City of Lawrence;
- Worked with landscape architects and engineers to prepare an infrastructure plan for improvements needed for a drainage plan and to attract vertical development;
- Oversaw necessary demolition and environmental mitigation;
- Markets the project to potential developers and users;
- Negotiates with developer and manages the land acquisition process;
- Ascertains PUD compliance and the Planned Development Zoning requirements for new development.
Lawrence Village at the Fort is a master planned mixed use community located inside the old Fort Benjamin Harrison military base, located in Lawrence approximately 12 miles or 20 minutes from downtown Indianapolis. The Village project will include residential, commercial and retail offerings and is designed to be identifiable, walkable and sustainable. Visit www.fhra.org for more information.